Infini Phoenix Liposuction / Dr. Hall
- What is liposuction?
- How Laser Lipo work?
- How much you ask?
- Do you offer financing?
- What Modality is Best for Me?
- Am I a candidate for liposuction?
- Which body areas can be treated?
- Liposuction and Fat Transfer
- Realistic Results: What to Expect
- Patient Reviews
- Preparing for Surgery
- Recovery from Surgery
- Risks and Safety
- FAQs (Top 15)
Most patients want to have liposuction done by a doctor who specializes in this procedure because daily, ongoing practice at sculpting the body allows the doctor to develop an experienced eye and a singularly skilled hand. Dr. Hall is one of the rare doctors in the Phoenix who has chosen to specialize exclusively in performing liposuction surgery. He studied under Dr. Klein, the father of modern tumescent liposuction and Dr. Hall later founded Infini Phoenix Liposuction as a unique facility that offers only cosmetic liposculpture.
In addition to liposuction surgery, Dr. Hall also administers an accredited liposuction training course that offers advanced training in his specialized techniques to other physicians from all over the world.
Dr. Hall personally does each and every liposuction consult from start to finish. He urges prospective patients to settle for nothing less when getting different opinions about lipo. “Never should a patient settle for meeting with a “consultant” or “surgical educator”.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is the removal of fat cells from the body by suction assisted surgery. It is normally performed to re-contour the body and cosmetically improve the patient’s appearance by suctioning out stubborn fatty bulges that cling to the body that have remained even after the patient has tried to diet and exercise. It’s a minimally-invasive fat-extraction method and at Infini Phoenix Liposuction, we use an Awake Lipo method that uses only local anesthesia and mild sedation, so the risks associated with the surgery are lower. We gently suction fat out of the body through tiny incisions using an extremely thin tube (that looks like a straw). Our special surgical sculpting and contouring technique is known as micro-liposuction and has a very high-level of precision.
Liposuction is not a weight loss alternative, but we often use it as a catalyst in heavier patients to push them in the right direction and give them a head start.
How Laser Lipo work?
- The patient receives a mild sedative.
- The doctor numbs a small area of the skin
- The doctor then makes a small incisions in the skin in the target area.
- Then the doctor administers a special tumescent solution (a combination of saline, epinephrine to minimize bleeding, and lidocaine to numb the area) to the tissues under the skin through the incisions. This tumescent solution numbs the fatty tissues and makes it easier to remove.
- Finally, excess fat is suctioned out of the body through a tiny tube (known as a cannula) that’s attached to a vacuum device.
Lasers, water, or ultra-sound may be used by surgeons during liposuction procedures to accomplish specific goals like tightening the skin or dislodging fat that may otherwise be hard to remove. The doctors at Infini Phoenix Liposuction have many types of technology and instruments that are perfect for many different patient types. The primary target during a procedure is excess fat located between the skin and the muscle tissue, but our secondary target is the skin. We use special techniques and instruments to enhance skin tone and elasticity in the target areas. Extremely small tubes suction the excess fat from the body, keeping the incision-size and scarring to a minimum.
How much you ask?
Liposuction cost can vary greatly depending on the patient; however, an average size woman 5’2” and 135 lbs. who desires her abdomen to be reduced can expect the following:
- This is approximate of course and based on the amount of fat in these areas. Price would fluctuate 10-15 % up or down based on smaller or larger than average.
- If this same woman desires to add her waist/hips (mid-section) to the same surgery, only add $1000-$1500 more so a total of approximately $5300.
- As you can see the pricing gets progressively less as you add areas during the same procedure.
- All of the pricing is done on an individual basis when Dr. Hall or Dr. Shuell personally meets with you.
Here at The Infini Phoenix Liposuction Center we only engage patients with simple, straightforward surgical quotes. We also do not utilize high-pressure sales tactics or follow up phone calls.
Do you offer financing?
Absolutely! At Infini Phoenix Liposuction, we offer several different financing options to make it easier for our patients to afford all of the benefits of liposculpture. Our clinic has strong relationships with reputable finance companies that regularly help our patients by offering both advice and financial assistance.
Many of our patients are surprised by the affordability of liposuction surgery at Infini Phoenix Liposuction, particularly when they explore our financing options. Financing applications take only a few minutes to complete. The process is easy and afterwards, patients make affordable monthly payments.
What Modality is Best for Me?
This is a VERY good question and important topic when deciding to let someone re-shape your figure. There are so many fancy ads, gimmick devices, and sexy or alluring names for liposuction out there that it is extremely confusing for those considering “what is best”. Dr. Hall takes a lot of pride in educating the public on the types of lipo available and what each one does. Infini Phoenix Liposuction is a true lipo specialty clinic and therefore uses several different technologies for body enhancement. Dr. Hall prefers hand micro liposuction, smart lipo (laser liposuction), and ultrasonic assisted liposuction. It is VERY IMPORTANT to understand the following, however:
“We use many technologies and bells and whistles when we sculpt bodies but I ALWAYS tell my patients upfront that none of that is really important. Meaning it is certainly NOT the machines that are giving patients an accurate, sculpted look but instead it is the surgeon. It is confusing to patients because there are so many ads with sexy names like vaser lipo, high def lipo, ultrasonic lipo, smart lipo, tickle lipo, slim lipo, cool sculpting, liposonix, bodyjet, etc. I am not a fan of this method of advertising or exaggerating. I would hope that patients come to us because Lipo is the only surgical procedure that we perform and therefore feel that we greatly improve their chance for optimal results.”
Am I a candidate for liposuction?
In the United States, liposuction is the most common cosmetic surgical procedure performed for a reason: it works and the results are dramatic, particularly for the right patients. But are you a good candidate for liposuction?
The right patient has certain important qualities. I look for patients who have realistic expectations about micro-liposuction and what it can do for them. This procedure isn’t for everyone, but there are several things I look for in the ideal liposuction patient:
- You should be over the age of 18 years.
- You should be healthy.
- You should be within 50 pounds of your ideal weight.
- You should not be a smoker.
If you meet the above requirements, chances are, liposuction surgery is a good fit for you and you’ll see good results from it. If you’re unhappy with how your body is proportioned (for example, you have too much weight in the hips and too little in the breasts), then liposuction might be a good choice for you.
Liposuction cannot take the place of weight loss. What we do find, however, is that even heavier patients who engage in lipo are then more incentivized afterword to lead a healthier lifestyle. It can be a great kick start!
Which body areas can be treated?
Liposuction can be done on almost any area of the body. Many of our patients opt to target more than one area of the body during their liposuction procedure because we offer discounts for multiple target areas and because, by targeting multiple areas, patients see much more pronounced results. There is a limit to how many areas can be treated in one session and this is dictated by the weight of the patient and size of the areas.
- Tummy Bulge A lot of women come to us for help repairing a post-pregnancy tummy. We help women repair that tummy bulge and get their pre-pregnancy body back. With modern lipo techniques that we use here at Infini Phoenix Liposuction, we can often even avoid the need for a tummy tuck!
- Saddle Bags (Outer Thighs) Saddlebags are some of the most popular target areas for liposuction because the thick skin in this area tends to tighten up well after the procedure. Women who use liposuction to get rid of saddlebags see dramatic, life-changing results that beautify the whole body.
- Upper Arms After extreme weight loss and as women get older, the upper arms can get flabby. Liposuction fixes this problem. Also, even young women who hate their profile when they have their arms down at their side are ecstatic after removal of that bulge in there upper arm area(where it meets the back).
- Double Chin No matter how much patients diet and exercise, the double chin persists. But laser liposuction can get rid of a double chin once and for all.
- Love Handles/Muffin Top Midsection fat is clingy. It doesn’t respond to diet and exercises even when fat on the rest of the body is melting away. Contouring this area of the body changes the appearance of the whole body.
- Bra-Bulge The bra-bulge is actually back-fat that rolls and pooches out around the bra. The fat in this area of the body is particularly resistant to exercise and diet.
- Breasts A lot of women today get liposuction surgery as a breast-reduction strategy.
- Jowls Fat tends to accumulate in the jowls as people age. Removing this fat produces results as striking as a facelift.
- Cheeks Fat removal in the cheeks can give patients a slimmer overall appearance since the face is the first thing that most people notice.
- Buttocks We don’t recommend removing fat from here but instead, we often transfer fat into the buttocks for a much more shapely butt!
Liposuction and Fat Transfer
Liposuction and fat transfer (also known as fat grafting or fat injection) are procedures that complement each other very well. We offer both at Infini Phoenix Liposuction. Liposuction is used to remove excess fatty deposits while fat transfer is used to add volume to areas of the body that are lacking. By combining these two procedures, both men and women can re-proportion their bodies to achieve the most aesthetically pleasing effects possible.
Many of our patients seek fat transfer to combat the aging process. Adding volume to the face, hands, buttocks and breasts can give them a youthful “lift” that knocks years off your appearance. The results are NATURAL because we are only transferring your own tissues from one part of the body to another!
Fat transfer can be done on the following areas of the body to add lift or volume:
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a very popular procedure at Infini Phoenix Liposuction for both men and women.
Many women use fat transfer for breast augmentation.
Fat transfer can be used to add volume to hollow checks, deep smile/frown lines, thin lips, scars, or sunken temples.
Aging hands can be revitalized with fat transfer.
Prior Liposuction Procedures
Complications caused by previous liposuction procedures can sometimes be corrected through fat transfer.
In a fat transfer procedure, fat is first harvested using liposuction. Then, it is carefully prepared and purified before being injected back into the body in the final phase of the procedure. Patients remove fat from areas of the body where there is too much and move the fat to areas of the body where there is too little. Fat transfer is a safe, simple procedure that allows patients to add volume to the body naturally without inserting implants.
Using the patient’s own natural fat cells, there is no risk of allergy or sensitivity reactions. Most patients recover quickly from the procedure. And fat transfer offers smooth, natural-looking results that are permanent.
Realistic Results: What to Expect
Most liposuction patients have high hopes for their surgery, but it’s important that you keep your expectations realistic. There are many misconceptions out there about what liposuction can do for patients, but I want my patients to have a realistic view of what liposuction is, and what it can do for them. When my patients have realistic expectations, they tend to be very happy with their results. Patients who are realistic about what they can expect from liposuction often get a boost of self-confidence along with an improved appearance, which is always my goal.
No cosmetic procedure can offer permanent results because human bodies are constantly aging. However, patients who take good care of themselves after their liposuction surgery by eating a healthy diet and exercising moderately will see very long-lasting, dramatic results from this surgical procedure.
The bottom line is, patients who understand that liposuction has limitations are more likely to be satisfied with the results of their procedure. What patients can expect from their micro-liposuction procedure at Infini Phoenix Liposuction is the following:
- Very tiny scars or no scarring at all
- A quick recovery
- A dramatic final result
Preparing for Surgery
At the initial consultation, I examine patients to see where they’re storing excess fat and to evaluate the condition of their skin. I talk with my patients about their overall health and during this conversation, patients have the opportunity to be very candid about their expectations, hopes, and fears. In response, I have the opportunity to talk frankly about what patients can expect as well as how patients should go about preparing for their procedure.
When I schedule patients for their liposuction surgery, I appreciate it when they actively prepare for it. Micro-liposuction is minimally invasive and fairly straightforward, but patients who plan ahead tend to get better results from their procedure. Below I’ve listed some of the common things you should plan to do in the days and weeks leading up to your procedure:
- Get laboratory tests completed.
- Discuss medications with your physician.
- Get all prescription medications filled before the procedure and bring them with you on the day of the procedure.
- Ten days before your procedure stop taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs like Aleve, Motrin, Advil or any other NSAID that can increase bleeding.
- Stop taking herbal supplements, vitamins, or minerals that could increase bleeding.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Stop smoking.
- Contact Infini Phoenix Liposuction if you develop an infection (respiratory, digestive, or skin infection) of any kind before your surgery.
- Arrange for someone to pick you up and drive you home from surgery.
- Arrange for someone to spend the first night or two after surgery with you at your home.
- Follow the instructions for eating and drinking prior to your procedure.
- Wear loose clothing to the procedure with an open, button up top.
In addition to these essential action items we, of course, give you a whole packet of detailed instructions. Clean your house, get your hair cut, pay the bills and take your pets to the vet before surgery! That way, you can really focus on recovery to ensure that you’ll get the best results from the procedure.
Recovery from Surgery
Recovery is always a major concern for patients which is one of the reasons why I encourage and utilize the micro-liposuction technique. Using micro-liposuction, I can offer my patients dramatic results with less bruising, swelling, and soreness after surgery than doctors who use less advanced liposuction techniques. Patients see results more quickly and spend less time in recovery after micro-liposuction surgery.
Many of my patients are able to return to work within only a couple of days after their surgery, but depending on the amount of fat that you have removed and the number of areas you have treated, you may need more time than that. Results from the surgery will be immediately apparent, but patients will continue to see improvement in their appearance every day after the procedure. Within one week, most patients can return to their normal daily routine.
In the days immediately following surgery I ask all my patients to follow these 6 easy recovery instructions:
- Have someone drive you home and stay with you for at 24 hours after your surgery.
- Take time off work.
- No exercise for 3 weeks.
- Care for incisions.
- Wear the compression garments as instructed by your doctor
It can take 6 months to a year for patients to see the final results of their procedure. Most patients continue to see improvements in their physique over the course of several months, but the actual length of time can vary from patient-to-patient.
Risks and Safety
Thousands of patients undergo liposuction every year and experience no complications. Liposuction is a straightforward, minimally invasive procedure that’s relatively safe, but because it is still surgery, there are risks involved. Risks include:
- Bleeding Mild bleeding from the incisions is not uncommon after micro-liposuction surgery. Usually, a pressure applied to the bleeding will make it stop, but significant bleeding may require a return to surgery to stop the blood loss.
- Infection It is uncommon for our patients to develop an infection following micro-liposuction surgery, but it can happen. Signs of an infection include fever, chills, redness, swelling, or drainage from the incisions. If a patient develops an infection, it may be necessary to prescribe oral or IV antibiotics.
- Numbness/Pain/Nerve Damage It isn’t uncommon for patients to experience “paresthesias” or an altered sensation at the site of their liposuction procedure. They might experience either pain or numbness in this area. The parasthesias disappear over time, but some patients experience persistent numbness or pain in the target areas, and in some isolated cases, the target areas remain permanently painful or numb.
- Swelling Although rare, some patients may develop persistent, ongoing swelling after surgery. Compression garments and post-operative massage can reduce the duration of swelling and help prevent the development of ongoing inflammation.
- Scars Micro-liposuction incisions are extremely small which means that scarring is unlikely, but still, some patients may be able to see scars even after they’ve healed completely.
- Necrosis Necrosis is the death of tissues such as skin or fat. Necrosis can occur in patients who smoke, or it can develop as a result of an infection, or as a result of the use of steroids. If necrosis develops, additional surgery may be required.
- Deformities and irregularities Rarely, patients develop indentations at the site of their liposuction treatment. This problem may require additional surgery to correct. It tends to occur in patients with diminished skin elasticity or patients that have undergone previous liposuction or other “non-invasive” therapies like cool sculpting.
- Risks associated with anesthesia We use only AwakeLipo which is much safer than general anesthesia. With AwakeLipo, patients are lightly sedated and given a local numbing agent (lidocaine). As such, they remain awake and aware, but relaxed and very comfortable throughout their procedure.
- Blood clots Blood clots that develop in the legs and travel to the lungs can be fatal. We use leg compression socks during surgery to help prevent this complication.
- Muscle spasm Many patients experience muscle spasms in the areas treated with liposuction. Gentle massage often relieves the problem. The incidence of muscle spasms tend to lessen over the course of a few weeks.
- Depression In some rare instances, patients experience a depression similar to post-partum depression following liposuction surgery. Talk with your doctor if you experience depression after liposuction.
FAQs (Top 15)
- How much does it cost?
- The cost for the procedure will vary depending of the patient. Typically the procedure will start around $4000 and go up from there. Please see our section on liposuction cost on our website
- What is the cost per area?
- We do not price per area because each patient is a different shape and size. However please note when doing multiple areas of liposuction together the pricing goes down drastically.
- How much fat can be taken out in one surgery?
- 5 to 6 liters of fat can be taken out in one procedure.
- How big are the incisions?
- We use a small 2mm biopsy punch. It is the smallest incision of ANY type of liposuction surgery.
- What is the downtime?
- Patients are up walking a mile or more the day after. Mild discomfort for most is common after the procedure. It can be compared to muscle discomfort after a strenuous workout.
- When can I go back to working out?
- 3 weeks following the procedure
- How much weight will I lose?
- Liposuction isn’t about weight loss, it is about contouring the body.
- How long am I draining the local anesthesia?
- Draining many vary from patient to patient but is normally between 1 to 4 days.
- When can I go back to work?
- Most patients return to work 3 days after the procedure.
- Am I awake for the procedure?
- Yes the procedure is done with local anesthesia. Patients are given oral medications prior to the procedure to help them relax.
- How long am I wearing the surgical garment?
- Surgical garments are worn until a patient is done draining(usually 2 -5 days) and then they can change into a spanx type compression garment. Total time in compression is 2-3 weeks
- How long do I have to use the padding?
- Pads are worn until you are done draining the local anesthesia fluid.
- How many surgeries has Dr Hall performed?
- He has performed over 11,000 surgeries.
- Does Dr Hall perform other surgeries?
- No, Dr Hall specializes in liposuction and fat transfer only.