How is Liposuction done: All the Details of the Operation
A slender figure with chiseled curves is the dream of every girl. Striving for perfection, the representatives of the fair half resort to strict diets, exhausting sports. But they do not always bring the desired result. Cosmetic surgery will help to change your body without giving up the usual joys of life . The liposuction technique quickly and effectively copes with fatty deposits in problem areas. How does it happen, and also, what preparation is required for liposuction? What awaits patients during rehabilitation? How is the result saved?
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic aesthetic surgery that corrects the contours of the body by removing fat deposits. It is carried out on various parts of the body in order to adjust the volumes. Liposuction has been one of the top three cosmetic surgeries in the US and Europe since 2015.
Many patients perceive liposuction as a quick way to get rid of extra pounds. But it’s not. The operation only corrects the outlines of the body, but does not reduce weight. Therefore, for people who are overweight or obese, this surgical intervention is not performed. When deciding to come to a cosmetic surgeon , you need to have an ideal stable weight. It is believed that liposuction is a “female” operation. In fact, men do it too.
Types of liposuction of the abdomen
Answering the question of how liposuction is performed, it is worth determining its main types. Modern cosmetic surgery clinics use the following techniques: vacuum, tumescent, laser, ultrasound, radio wave, vibration. What is the difference? They act differently, destroying adipose tissue with cells.
- Tumescent liposuction. This type of operation belongs to the so-called wet operations. The cosmetic surgeon injects a special drug into the operated area – Klein’s solution, which consists of an anesthetic (lidocaine), saline and adrenaline. It anesthetizes tissues and “liquefies” fatty deposits, facilitating their removal. Then the specialist performs vacuum liposuction. The disadvantage of tumescent liposuction is the high risk of swelling and bruising.
- Vacuum liposuction. The most popular and effective type of fat removal. A cosmetic surgeon, using a cannula connected to a vacuum apparatus, removes fatty tissue through micro-punctures. Vacuum technique affects specifically fat cells. Due to this, fat volume is reduced. The risk of bruising is reduced.
- Ultrasonic. The zone is exposed to ultrasound, which heats the tissues and destroys the fat layer. Ultrasonic liposuction is effective for small amounts of fat deposits.
- Radiofrequency liposuction. A cosmetic surgeon works with an electrode and an emitter. The electrode is placed under the skin, the emitter – above it. Radio wave energy passes between them, which destroys adipose tissue.
- Laser liposuction. It is carried out using a laser probe, which not only removes fat, but also improves the quality of the skin, enhancing the production of collagen.
Patients ask: how is liposuction of the abdomen done, how long does it take? The duration of the operation depends on the volume. Approximately 40 minutes – 2 hours.
What “problem areas” can be corrected with liposuction?
The purpose of liposuction is to eliminate fat deposits in the so-called “depot” zones – the abdomen, inner, outer thighs, back flanks, lower back, knees. From these difficult areas, fat leaves very slowly, which significantly spoils the figure. In general, surgeons allocate about 20 zones for liposuction.
Liposuction is often combined with a tummy tuck (tummy tuck) to get the most pronounced result – a perfectly flat stomach. This operation is called lipoabdominoplasty. Also, during the SMAS facelift, fatty tissue can be removed from the chin. But, of course, double chin liposuction can be performed as a separate operation.
Liposuction of the abdomen: photos before and after
To whom is this operation indicated?
Surgical fat removal is recommended for:
- Aesthetic dissatisfaction with the figure after pregnancy – the presence of fat “traps” on the abdomen, hips, back.
- Patients with presence of unwanted fat in their body.
- People with a body type in which deposits are accentuated in the lower abdomen.
No special preparation is required for liposuction. It is recommended to stop drinking alcoholic beverages, stop smoking or minimize the number of cigarettes smoked for 2 weeks, and be sure to inform the cosmetic surgeon about all the medications you take.
Before the operation, the patient undergoes an examination and tests at the clinic . Based on the results, the specialist decides on the surgical intervention.
This surgery is considered minimally invasive, but it has contraindications:
- Oncological diseases,
- Severe chronic diseases in the acute stage,
- Obesity associated with disruption of the endocrine system,
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding,
- Blood clotting disorder,
- Psychological disorders,
How is liposuction done?
Many patients during the consultation are asked to tell how liposuction of the abdomen and other parts of the body is done. Like any operation, liposuction requires preparation, organization and a recovery period.
Preparation: The first step to an ideal figure is a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon. The doctor identifies the indications and you can plan the operation. Before surgery, the patient must be tested.
Procedure: The specialist makes small punctures in the problem area. Through them, he introduces cannulas, with the help of which he liquefies and, under the influence of vacuum, removes subcutaneous deposits. There are no incisions on the skin, so there are no stitches!
Recovery: To achieve the optimal result of the operation and reduce postoperative risks, the cosmetic surgeon recommends wearing special corrective underwear. Rehabilitation takes 2 weeks.
Anesthesia for liposuction
Under what anesthesia and how is liposuction performed? The operation is performed both under general anesthesia and under local anesthesia. General inhalation anesthesia is used when the patient has a large volume of zones or as part of a combined operation. For example, to obtain a wow effect, liposuction is often combined with abdominoplasty. It is also an integral part of buttock liposculpture and breast lipofilling. At the Phoenix Liposuction we use Tumescent Anesthesia.
Rehabilitation: basic rules
If the operation was performed under general anesthesia, then the patient spends 1 day under the supervision of medical personnel. If local anesthesia was used, then after 1 hour he goes home with recommendations from a cosmetic surgeon. In this case, hospitalization is not required. At Phoenish Liposuction we don’t use general anesthesia.
The first few days there is a possibility of swelling, bruising, and a feeling of numbness. It is recommended to take painkillers. Gradually, all discomfort disappears. An important stage of the recovery period is the wearing of special compression underwear for 2-4 weeks. It will shape the silhouette and also tighten the skin. It is recommended to limit physical activity for 1 month.
Recommendations to follow to maintain the results after surgery
Surgical removal of fat perfectly forms new body contours. The result is stable. However, it is important to understand that no one has canceled a healthy diet, sports activities. Make it a rule to follow the basics of a balanced diet. Do not forget about sports – you can get a seductive relief, you can give muscle tone with it.
Allow yourself the perfect body!