Why are the initial consultations of a surgeon so important?
A harmonious appearance plays an important role in society. It gives self-confidence, increases self-esteem, and changes the attitude towards one’s life. Modern surgery quickly, and most importantly, effectively corrects aesthetic defects.
Deciding on surgery is a serious step for every person. It is very important to choose a clinic, a specialist to whom you can completely trust your beauty.
I will tell you how the surgeon’s consultation goes, what questions he should ask, and what to pay attention to when making a final decision.
What result can be expected from the initial consultation of a surgeon
A face-to-face meeting is one of the key points of preparation for any surgical intervention. My patients know that I pay special attention and also allocate enough time for individual meetings with the patient.
The first acquaintance determines the further vector of the development of the situation. I believe that “love at first sight” should happen between the patient and the specialist. If the person felt relieved after the meeting, he received comprehensive information – this is your specialist!
How to prepare for a consultation
To begin with, clearly formulate your wishes. At the first meeting, you should ask as many questions as possible to the surgeon about the nuances of the surgical intervention and the rehabilitation period. I recommend writing down a list of questions you want to be answered.
- What solution to the problem does the doctor offer?
- Are alternative non-surgical methods possible?
- Are there any contraindications?
- His vision of the result, and predictions?
- What implants for mammoplasty does access recommend?
- How long will the surgery last?
- Is the manipulation performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia?
- How long will recovery take?
- How high is the probability of risks and complications?
- What will be the postoperative restrictions? When can you go to work?
- After how long will it be possible to return to sports activities?
How does a consultation with a Cosmetic Surgeon take place
A cosmetic surgeon’s consultation is free of charge and includes the following steps:
- The first meeting where acquaintance takes place. Indications for surgical intervention, possible contraindications, as well as wishes regarding the final result are determined. The patient and the doctor must have the same vision of the final result.
- The doctor shows similar results – photos, and videos before and after.
- A surgical technique is collected based on anatomical data. If the patient plans breast augmentation or breast augmentation with an additional lift, external sizers are tried on. They give an idea of the future volume + facilitate the choice of implants.
- 3D modeling. Computer visualization is a modern trend. It allows you to see the result even before the operation. A three-dimensional image demonstrates the transformation. 3D modeling is most often used for breast augmentation and rhinoplasty.
It is important to make the right conclusions
Before choosing a cosmetic surgeon, consider all the nuances. Be sure to search for information, and reviews on sites, and forums, and talk to people who have undergone such manipulations.
Trust the professionals! Glad to help you!