FUPA SURGERY, FAT UPPER PELVIC AREA LIPOSUCTION
What is a FUPA?
The acronym FUPA (Fat Upper Pelvic Area or Fat Upper Pubic Area) is a slang term for fatty tissue above the pubic bone. FUPA became a meme when Beyoncé talked about her post-pregnancy pregnancy in Vogue’s September issue that left her with a little fat on her upper pelvic area.
Some people have a genetic predisposition to accumulate extra fat around the pelvic zone (upper pubic area) aka mons pubis. The genetic factor makes it hard for them to get rid of the FUPA with just diet and exercise. For some, not even the most intense physical activity aimed to burn fat will help to remove FUPA fat.
Using Smart Lipo, a safe, proven, and gentle treatment, you can remove that pelvis fat in your lower midsection in a cosmetic liposuction procedure performed under two hours.
What does a FUPA look like?
FUPA is an accumulation of fat right above the pubic bone
If the accumulation of pelvic fat in this area is significant, it may be very noticeable when wearing tight clothing, bathing suits, leggings or gym clothes. As a consequence, woman and men may feel uncomfortable and even feel ashamed at certain moments in their social life.
Just as there are people who accumulate fat in the abdomen, hips, legs or other areas, there are people who have a predisposition to accumulate fat in the pubic area, specially after gaining weight.
Small FUPA vs Big FUPA
Left – there is a small amount of fat in the mons pubis. Right – Little FUPA + lower belly correction using liposuction.
Left – the patient has excess fat in the mons pubis area. Right – this has been treated with SmartLipo.
FUPA Liposuction – How to get rid of FUPA
- Using a combination of mild sedative and a local anesthetic, patients can expect a completely relaxed experience during the FUPA removal surgery.
- FUPA liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that requires only two incisions, one in each groin crease on either side of the treatment area.
- Smart Lipo uses cannulas that are only 3mm wide, meaning that the incisions are so small that they don’t even require stitches to remove excess fat
- With the combined use of Smart Lipo and a light sedative, patients can communicate easily with the surgical staff during the whole surgery.
- Patients typically walk out of the clinic the same day.
Who Is A Good Candidate for a FUPA Pubic Liposuction?
- Both women and men can be candidates for pubic liposuction.
- Young, slim women with a genetic disposition to retain fat cells in the upper pubic region but want that gorgeous flat bikini line look
- Previously overweight individuals who have had abdomen or tummy tuck surgeries
- Patients who have experienced rapid weight loss
- Little mommy pouch: Pregnancy can cause overall weight gain, but it can also result in an overabundance of fat, particularly in the FUPA region.
- Women who needed a c section and have a loose layer of fat cells
- Patients who have managed to control mild obesity and belly fat in their lower abdomen are good candidates for FUPA surgery
- Liposuction for the fatty upper pubic area can be a fantastic addition to a complete Mommy Makeover.
- As a result of your FUPA procedure, you can have excess skin that could use tightening in the region. You may benefit from an additional procedure called J-Plasma Skin Tightening. It can be done concurrently.
Monsplasty Surgery – Pubic Lift
For women who wish to have a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and have excess fat in the pubic area, it is recommended that they also have liposuction of the mons pubis at the same time, because the mons pubis will appear more prominent after just the tummy tuck. In this case, liposuction is combined with a pubic lift to trim excess skin. This is known as a Monsplasty.
During a monsplasty the excess skin and fatty tissue are removed from the fatty pad over the pubic bone. This is recommended for cases where additional to the (FUPA) extra fat of the mons pubis the patient also has sagging excess upper pubic skin.
FUPA should not be confused with the panniculus
The dense layer of fatty tissue in the lower abdominal area, often the result of obesity, is referred as panniculus or pannus. This excess fat/skin is sometimes large enough to hang over the pubic area. But this is not the FUPA.
Abdominoplasty and mini-tummy tuck are the surgical intervention to correct the shape of the abdomen by removing excess abdominal skin and panniculus.
Who is going to perform my FUPA surgery in Phoenix Arizona?
William E. Shuell, M.D., is one of only four physicians nationwide who is Double Board-Certified as a specialist in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Shuell will be able to answer all your questions concerning this procedure and will personally handle your case from your preliminary consult and the post-op. His dedication and expertise are unsurpassed in this precise procedure.
William Hall, M.D., is the cosmetic surgeon other physicians turn to for the American Board of Medical Specialties accredited liposuction training. Dr. Hall has performed many such surgeries
Smart Lipo is a gentle procedure that requires minimal recovery/downtime. Most patients can resume everyday practices within approximately two weeks after surgery:
- Patients need to make sure that they get plenty of bed rest
- Refrain from intense physical activity following the surgical procedure
- Two to three days after the cosmetic surgery, you can perform light physical activity and exercise
- One week into recovery, gentle exercise and sexual activity can be resumed.
Guidelines after a FUPA surgery
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet: After any surgery, patients should refrain from consuming fast food and other processed foods. Prepare meals consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. Dieting has very little to do with calories. It is about feeding your body right: correct quantities and at regular hours.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Avoid carbonated drinks that will increase the feeling of bloating
- Wear compression garments during the healing process. Compression garments assist the body’s tissues in healing and reforming as the FUPA area’s skin adapts to a new shape. Wearing the compression garments will ensure that you get the best results from your liposuction treatment.
- Massaging the upper pubic area can help accelerate healing for optimal results.
- Take any prescribed medications by your surgeon.
- Your new self will be enchanted with your body image, but it should be accompanied by a series of exercises (leg raises / crunches / cardio) to firm your lower abs as the loose skin can resorb itself naturally. Who knows, if you put your mind and body to it, you are on your way to getting a six-pack!
Common Recovery Symptoms
- Below are some of the most common recovery symptoms that FUPA liposuction patients experience:
- Swelling – The FUPA is a delicate area of the body; some swelling can be expected. Swelling in this region may last for up to 30 days
- Bruising – Bruising is also typical after liposuction, and patients can expect to see some bruising, which will gradually disappear throughout the recovery period.
- Discomfort in the upper pubic area -The FUPA may be sore for the first few days to a week after surgery. This discomfort resembles a moderate sunburn. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication
- Changes in menstruation – Some women may experience menstruation changes after having upper pubic area liposuction. The recovery process differs from patient-to-patient
FUPA Before and After Fotos
Visit our Patient Gallery to see incredible results.
FUPA surgery – pubic liposuction cost
Liposuction at the Phoenix Infini Liposuction starts at $4,500, depending on the procedures. Our clinic has partnered with multiple lenders to offer customized monthly payment plans that feature a fixed interest rate and no hidden fees.
The cost of FUPA lipo varies according to a variety of factors, including (but not limited to):
- The amount of fat present in the upper pelvic area
- How many pre-op tests our staff performs before surgery
- The amount/type of medications prescribed or used during and after the procedure.
- The amount of time it takes for the surgical team to perform the procedure
Combining multiple liposuction procedures during the same surgical will offer substantial savings. You may consider abdominal/tummy liposuction, thigh liposuction, or getting rid of infamous love handles.
Call us for a free consult!