What is Gynecomastia ?
Gynecomastia is the medical term for Man boobs. It gives the appearance of enlarged breasts because of stubborn fatty tissue deposits. Gynecomastia is frequent in:
- Men who are slightly overweight and have breast enlargement issues
- boys during puberty when female hormones overtake male hormones for a period of up to two years.
- Users of anabolic steroids or calcium channel blockers can cause it.
- Older men due to lowering of testosterone levels
- Men who have overcome bouts of obesity and rapid weight loss
Up to 50% of men in America will develop some form of gynecomastia in their lifetime. It makes it one of the most common liposuction requests from men.
What is Gynecomastia Liposuction?
Male chest liposuction is one of the preferred options to repair the effects of gynecomastia. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure to remove fat in the breast area of a male patient.
The procedure uses a combination of tumescent liposuction and laser liposuction to remove the fat area. It is done under local anesthetic and does not require general anesthesia
The doctor uses a small cannula surgical technique to access the fat lodged between the muscle and the excess breast tissue. Tumescent liposuction involves the injection of a solution and a laser to liquefy the fat in the glandular tissue. While extracting the fat, the surgeon performs body sculpting. The laser in the cannula burns the fat cells. oThe dead cells will be washed away naturally by your body. The procedure encourages the production of new collagen. It will make the skin around the breast look firmer and flat.
The whole gynecomastia treatment takes less than two hours.
Who is going to perform my Lipo surgery in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Arizona?
William E. Shuell, M.D., is one of only four physicians nationwide who is Double Board-Certified as a Cosmetic Surgery specialist. Dr. Shuell will be able to answer all your questions concerning this procedure and will personally handle your case from your preliminary consult and the post-op. His dedication and expertise are unsurpassed in this precise procedure.
William Hall, M.D., is the cosmetic surgeon other physicians turn to for the American Board of Medical Specialties accredited liposuction training. Dr. Hall has performed many such surgeries.
Is Gynecomastia liposuction right for me?
- If you recently had an imbalance in your estrogen and testosterone hormones and your male estrogen gave you man boobs, you may benefit from gynecomastia liposuction. If you are now self-conscious about your breasts, this outpatient procedure can increase your self-esteem and results in higher self-confidence in social situations.
- If you are embarrassed about your sudden breast enlargement, you should discuss it with one of our surgeons. At the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, we make it possible for men to reclaim their masculinity by using a minimally invasive liposuction procedure that gently washes away excess fat cells. Gynecomastia liposuction surgery is fast, simple, and requires little downtime away from work and other activities.
- If hours in the gym and proper diet have not resolved your male breast enlargement problem, male breast surgery can help give you the flat and toned chest you desire
- If you are slightly overweight, Male breast liposuction can extract the fat to give you a flat chest
How do I prepare for my male breast reduction surgery?
- Do not take thinning drugs like Aspirin and Ibuprofen several days before
- Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking
- On the day of your surgery, have a regular breakfast
- Organize for a person to take you to the clinic and drive you back home
What happens on my Gynecomastia surgery day?
- You will receive pre-op tests, a meeting with your surgeon to mark the exact spots for your lipo procedure
- You will receive a mild sedative
- Small incisions will allow the doctor to access the fat area
- A three-part fluid is injected in the area: 1) lidocaine to numb the areas avoiding general anesthesia, 2) Epinephrine to constrict your blood vessels to prevent excessive bleeding, 3) a saline solution to dislodge the fat cells and fat tissue.
- Using a small cannula, the doctor finds and removes the fat by suction and contours the remaining area to make it look full and flat. The result is a natural-looking chest.
- The operation takes less than two hours
- Our staff will fit you with a compression garment and instructions.
- You are required to have someone pick you up and drive you home
Gynecomastia Surgery Before and after
What is the recovery time after the procedure?
We recommend that you rest for a few days after the procedure. You will be wearing a compression garment that will help with the numbness and maybe experience some discomfort. Most patients can return to work in 3-4 days.
What kind of results can I expect from the procedure?
Our patients experience noticeable improvement immediately. The full benefits of the procedure will be most evident up to six months after the cosmetic surgery.
What is the cost of the procedure?
The procedure costs vary depending on the amount of fat.
The starting cost for male chest liposuction is $5000.
Gynecomastia surgery is often done with other procedures. You can discuss your options during your free consultation with our doctors.
If you are interested in reducing your breasts’ size and want to look better in your clothing, this may be the solution you have been looking for. We offer complimentary consultations and can provide you with a detailed quote for this procedure. Contact our office for more information!