Every man wants a chiseled, masculine, well-defined chest; however, sometimes the presence of excess skin, enlarged areola, and displaced nipple may take a negative toll on one’s self-confidence.
The Male Breast
An enlargement in the Male breast tissue, known as a male breast, is associated with the presence of Gynecomastia, which can be further divided into:
- True Gynecomastia: caused by hormonal changes and involves the glandular tissues.
- Pseudogynecomastia: the presence of excessive fats around the breast, without any glandular tissue involvement.
Pathophysiology of Gynecomastia
The basic pathophysiology behind the development of gynecomastia involves an imbalance of sex hormones, which presents itself as an increase in the female hormone estrogen levels and a decrease in testosterone levels, which is a hormone produced by male testicles.
Although it is a common misconception that Gynecomastia is always associated with breast cancer, this is not true as the breast enlargement associated with gynecomastia is usually benign, but a biopsy or mammogram can be conducted to eliminate the threat of cancer. Moreover, the enlargement in breast tissue is most commonly seen in teenage boys due to a reduction in androgen levels, which is a hormone produced by the testes – hence it does not have a very high prevalence in older men.
Other than the reduction of testicular hormone testosterone levels, certain drugs like anabolic steroids, amphetamines, Diazepam, Cimetidine, Spironolactone, antidepressants, Flutamide, calcium channel blockers, Metronidazole and some over the counter medications can also cause abnormal growth in the male breast. However, this effect may be highly dependent on the dose and frequency of the drugs taken. Moreover, repeated topic application of tea tree oil may also lead to this enlargement of the breast tissue.
Medical conditions that are usually associated with breast enlargement include:
- Cirrhosis and liver disease: this is characterized by increased production of estrogen, which in turn causes enlargement of the male breast.
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma: Adrenocortical Carcinoma is a cancer of the outer adrenal gland layer.
- Obesity: Being overweight causes an increase of estrogen levels in the body.
- Hyperthyroidism: Hyperthyroidism is an alteration of the endocrine system, characterized by increased thyroid levels, which is a hormone controlled by the pituitary gland. An increase in the hormone levels may present itself as gynecomastia.
- Prostate cancer: It is not prostate cancer, but its treatment consisting of anti-androgen drugs, which may cause the development of breast enlargement. These drugs affect one’s endocrinology by increasing the female hormone estrogen and causing the testicular hormone levels to drop. This results in hypogonadism caused by low testosterone, in turn, leads to fatty tissue deposition on the breast.
- Kidney Disease: Chronic Kidney failure usually presents itself as enlarged breasts, small testes, and a poor ability to produce sperm.
- Klinefelter syndrome: Klinefelter syndrome is usually diagnosed at the pubertal stage of life and presents itself as small testicles, small penis, enlarged breast tissue along with increased risk for numerous health problems.
Physical Examination for Gynecomastia
Physical examination is an effective way to differentiate between true and pseudo-gynecomastia, which is usually performed by the health professional after your medical history is taken. In True gynecomastia, the physician will feel a firm tissue around the nipple area, while in pseudo gynecomastia, there will not be a presence of hard structure.
This enlarged breast tissue can take a big toll on one’s self-confidence as no matter how closely they watch what they eat or how many hours they spend in the gym every week, that layer of fat remains, destroying their self-confidence altogether.
An Effective Solution for Gynecomastia
Although diet, exercise, and drugs like Tamoxifen and Aromatase Inhibitors may be effective for Gynecomastia, as stated by Mayo clinic, these healthcare methods might only bring about a temporary and minimal effect for enlarged breast tissue that causes male breasts. Liposuction is an effective and fast way to get rid of the unwanted breast enlargement and reclaim your masculinity.
Dr. Hall and Dr. Shuell, Infini’s nationally-renowned surgeons, have performed more than 20,000 liposuction procedures for gynecomastia and enlarged breast tissue, dramatically reshaping and transforming the male breast with none to limited side effects – allowing the patient to be satisfied whenever they look in the mirror.
However, we understand that choosing a procedure to redefine and sculpt your chest is a big decision – one that you probably have numerous questions about. That’s why we’ve put together everything you need to know about liposuction and how it works for the male chest to overcome problems with gynecomastia; from the results you can expect and recovery time, to clear pricing answers.
What is Chest Liposuction?
Liposuction for the male chest is a gentle, minimally-invasive procedure that is able to precisely target and remove localized fat deposits that results in man boobs to offer long-lasting results.
Since this type of fat often simply won’t respond to exercise and dieting, liposuction is the best and fastest way to finally be rid of it for good so that you can get the flat, firm, masculine chest you want.
How does Chest Liposuction Work?
When you have your liposuction procedure, you’ll only need a few tiny incisions. Dr. Hall or Dr. Shuell will then insert a small cannula and use a vacuum to permanently remove the fat deposits you’re so tired of seeing in the mirror, and fully sculpt your chest.
And, since at Infini we only use the Awake Lipo method where you’re kept completely comfortable with only mild sedation and local anesthesia, it’s far safer than a procedure using general anesthesia.
Who is a Good Candidate for Chest liposuction?
To know if you’re an ideal candidate for chest liposuction to get rid of the fat deposits that cause male breasts, you should be:
- In good health
- At or close to your ideal weight
- Have good elasticity of skin to help it bounce back after liposuction
- Have realistic expectations of the results you can expect to see (Liposuction is to reshape and define your chest, not a weight loss surgery.)
Results You Can Expect from Chest Liposuction
By removing excess fat deposits, liposuction shapes and contours your chest to reveal:
- Defined muscles
- A firm, masculine look
- Optimal contouring
- Natural proportions
- A chiseled chest
In fact, after the procedure, Infini patients feel confident about going shirtless at the beach, getting back to the gym, and enjoying intimate experiences.
Chest Liposuction Plus Skin Tightening with J-Plasma
If you do have issues with a lack of skin elasticity or are worried about loose or sagging skin after your liposuction procedure, you may consider having Skin Tightening with J-Plasma performed, in addition to chest liposuction.
This procedure uses a combination of radio-frequency (RF) waveform technology along with helium gas to tighten your skin so that your chest looks sleek, firm, and more defined.
How Much Does Chest Liposuction Cost?
You’re most likely wondering by now how much liposuction costs to give you the taut, masculine chest you’ve been waiting for.
And, while that answer will vary between patients based on size, desired results, and the amount of fat that needs to be removed, a man of average size can expect the cost of chest liposuction to be $4,000 – $4,500. However, this can fluctuate 10 – 15% up or down, depending on your body size and the amount of fat you want to be removed.
At Infini, these prices are always all-inclusive, with no hidden fees, high-pressure sales tactics, or follow-up phone calls. The price you are quoted for liposuction covers:
- Pre-op labs
- Facility Fee
- All operative anesthesia and medicine fees while at our clinic for your procedure
- The Procedure Itself
- Your Compression Garment
- All follow-up visits
In addition, your initial consultation is always complimentary to allow you to meet our staff, fully understand our plan for your procedure, and decide if liposuction is right for you.
How to Get Financing for Chest Liposuction?
At Infini, we understand that finally achieving a well-defined, sculpted chest can make an amazing difference in your confidence and your life, so we don’t want you to have to put off the procedure over concerns about how to pay for it.
That’s why we’ve joined with a number of reputable finance companies who can help you determine your financing options and choose a monthly payment plan that works for your budget.
Because of this, Infini patients are often surprised by the ease and affordability of their liposuction procedures.
Preparing for Chest Liposuction
To get ready for the day of your procedure, it’s important to take a few simple steps to ensure it goes smoothly and you get the best results possible:
- Fill your medications and be sure to bring them with you to your procedure
- Have a driver who can get you to and from your procedure
- Plan for someone to spend the first night or two after surgery with you
- Follow all instructions given to you for eating and drinking prior to your procedure
- Stop taking any medications or vitamins as directed to avoid bleeding risks
- Wear loose clothing to your procedure and an open, button-up top to make changing easier and more comfortable
Recovery Following Chest Liposuction
Chest liposuction requires minimal downtime so that you can quickly get back to your daily life. In fact, most of our patients are able to return to their normal activities the following day, although you should plan to take up to three days off from work or school (including the day of surgery) to give your body time to heal.
Getting a Sculpted, Masculine Chest
The self-confidence that you feel when your chest is sculpted, firm, and defined can be life-changing. Why go for an extreme procedure like Mastectomy, when you can get your goal body with liposuction?
Don’t forget to schedule your complimentary consultation today for your Chest Liposuction in Phoenix, by calling 480-405-3778. Your new body is waiting.