Tummy Liposuction Phoenix
Tummy Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck
We hear a lot about these two procedures, but they are entirely different:
A tummy liposuction procedure eliminates fat using a powered sucking device called a cannula that removes fat cells and tissue. It is done under local anesthesia. It is recommended for patients with good skin elasticity. It works best for men and women with a BMI of 30 or less. Tummy liposuction is an outpatient cosmetic surgery procedure done generally in less than two hours. It does not leave any scars.
A Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure performed on the lower abdomen. It involves general anesthesia. The surgeon will perform two cuts to remove loose skin. He will sew the muscles in your abdominal wall together if they have become stretched out. He will then pull the skin tight over your stomach. It is recommended for patients who have lost elasticity due to pregnancy and have excess skin that cannot resorb itself with exercise and diet in their midsection. There will be visible scars where the doctor has performed the incisions to remove the excess skin.
Things to know about Tummy Fat
There are two key differences in the fat present in the Tummy area of the body:
- Subcutaneous fat – Also referred to as “superficial” fat, is found just below the skin’s surface. You can pinch that fat. These fat cells can easily be removed with liposuction.
- Deep fat – This kind of fat is located deep within the abdominal cavity, often referred to as intestinal” fat. Liposuction cannot safely remove this kind of fat from the body. It requires a good diet and exercise.
How can I get rid of Tummy Fat?
If your BMI is under 30, you can benefit from liposuction of fatty tissue around your tummy if you are in good health. The fat removal procedure is done under local anesthesia. It is an outpatient procedure that can be done in under two hours. To prevent fat from returning, you must follow a proper regimen, including diet and exercise.
Who is a good candidate for a tummy liposuction procedure?
- Both men and women can remove excess fat in their abdominal areas.
- Women who are recovering from a pregnancy, including C-sections and have good skin elasticity
- Patients who are in good health
- People who have started a diet and want to remove up to 5 lbs of fat around their midsection, which is one or two waist sizes lower.
Who is going to perform my Lipo surgery in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Arizona?
William J. Hall, M.D.,is a Cosmetic Dermatologist Specialist. Dr. Hall trains other surgeons for the American Board of Medical Specialties in liposuction procedures. Dr. Hall has performed many liposuction surgeries and is recognized as one of the best in Arizona.
William E. Shuell, M.D., has over 18 years experience and is a board certified cosmetic surgeon. Dr. Shuell will be able to answer all your questions concerning this procedure and will personally handle your case from your preliminary consult and the post-op. His dedication and expertise are unsurpassed in this precise procedure.
What happens on the day of your surgery?
You have come in having organized a lift to take you home.
You will be meeting with your surgeon to review your pre-op tests, discuss the procedure, and answer any last-minute questions you may have.
The cosmetic surgeon might draw on your body the areas on which he will perform lipo
You will receive a mild sedative to make it a more pleasant experience.
Tumescent liposuction does not require general anesthesia, which allows you to talk to your surgeon during the whole procedure.
The surgeon will start with small incisions. He injects a combination of lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate, and epinephrine mixed in a Saline solution to numb the area.
The doctor will then use a cannula to access the fat deposits:
If you choose to have a fat transfer to other areas like the popular Brazilian butt lift, the fat cells will be extracted, cleaned, and immediately reinjected to increase their survival chance.
If you do not avail yourself of a fat transfer, the cannula is equipped with a laser fiber that will liquefy the fat and kill the fat cells. They will be sucked out, and the body will expel the remaining dead tissue over time. The surgeon can utilize the SmartLipo Triplex laser during the surgery so we can achieve superior skin tightening. The body will create new collagen, and the skin will tighten a few weeks after the surgery.
As part of the surgery, the doctor will perform body contouring. These liposuction techniques are different for men and women. Men may go for six-pack abdominal muscles, and women prefer rounder and fitting curves. Sculpting is an art whether you are Michelangelo or a cosmetic liposuction surgeon. You are in good hands our surgeons are The Lipo Experts™ in tummy liposuction and will give you precisely what you want.
After your surgery, you will receive a follow-up appointment and contact info.
Make sure you have a ride home
A few days later, you will have a post-op check-up to see your progress
What kind of results can I expect after the procedure?
Most of our patients are very pleased after this procedure. It allows them to wear more flattering clothing. It makes them feel more confident and positive about their appearance. It is pleasant to bend down to pick up something again!
Liposuction procedures do not replace weight loss programs. It will not make cellulite disappear, and patients must have reasonable expectations.
Skin elasticity, age, diet, and exercise will help determine if your desired result is achievable.
Full results, including skin tightening, will be visible within 90 days
The recovery time for abdominal/tummy liposuction can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The first 36-72 hours after treatment is the most uncomfortable part of recovery. Patients often experience a combination of numbness and soreness as the anesthetic wears off. Avoid activities that involve twisting, turning in the first three days after surgery to minimize soreness. During this time, patients may take medication prescribed or recommended by our surgeons to help them manage discomfort.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after an abdomen/tummy liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the operation. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food and absorb vital nutrients easily. Avoid fast food and other processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells in your urine
- Get enough rest. Patients who have abdomen/tummy liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the compression garment. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the body during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn at all times (except while showering) for 4-12 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after abdomen/tummy liposuction. It’s imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Change absorption pads and take care of incision sites Leaks from incision sites are possible after abdomen/tummy liposuction. The use of high-quality absorption pads can reduce discomfort caused by drainage. Gently clean the incision sites 1-2 times daily with soap and water. It will minimize the chances of infection and help the incisions heal more quickly.
- Avoid applying ice packs or heating pads to the liposuction-treated areas. Band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, and soaking in any kind of water (including baths) should also be avoided during the healing process.
- Resume normal activities when you feel comfortable walking but avoiding
Recycle the fat!
We highly recommend that you discuss a fat transfer procedure in conjunction with your liposuction surgery. Trendy cosmetic procedures include BBL, Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation, and gluteus augmentation.
What are the risks associated with the procedure?
Like all operative procedures, there is a risk of infection. But at our facility, we have a very low infection rate well below 1%. Contour irregularities can also occur when doing the procedure. A signed consent form is required stating that the patient is aware of the benefits and associated risks of the process.
Slim, Sleek, and Toned
Tummy Liposuction is a perfect choice if you want to remove excess fat around your waist. It will give you a slimmer, fitter, more toned core and reveal your sexy curves.
If you are ready to transform yourself into a brand new you, start by scheduling your complimentary consultation today by calling 480-405-3846. Your new body is waiting.